From My House .. To Your House.. Welcome!!

From My House .. To Your House.. Welcome!!
From My House..To Your House..Welcome!!!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Handmade Halloween Costume(The Start)

Hi everyone, I thought I share the start of the costumes I am makin for my husband and I for a costume party we got invited to Saturday. With money always tight in our home I was trying to think of something we could be for this party, without breaking the bank:) I researched and came up with an idea for him to be Burger King, and I am Dairy Queen...lol...funny idea, but really inexpensive. I got 2 crowns one is already done from Burger King the other I wrapped with aluminum foil and added the DQ logo and some sparkle gel glue to appear as gems. Burger King gave me a few bags, fry boxes ,and the crowns, and DQ did too, so I have the items for free. The necklaces are to look like the big brooch necklaces that a king and queen wear, well I just cut out pictures from the bags and cups that were givin to me. The crowns are not done yet, I have to attach the mini whoppers on my husbands crown, and the mini ice cream cones from my crown. We will use robes, as are attire, with some fancy logos on them. Finishing up the crowns tonight, and printing out some large logos for the robes. I just wanted to share a little of what I got done last night. I really like the idea, and the non-cost to it, and I can't see buying a costume that you wear once. Just a sneak peak here are a few pictures... What are you going to be for Halloween?? I love to hear back:)your ideas and costume creations. The Mess-
The process a few items complete-
Come Back and See the finish project, and I will post a picture of us this weekend and party pictures. Every couple is suppose to bring a Halloween theme dish. I can not wait to see those. I am making a graveyard cake, or maybe graveyard cupcakes, I haven't decided between the cake or cupcakes. I do know my daughter is excited to help me make it, should be lots of fun..........Thanks for visiting and come back!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment