From My House .. To Your House.. Welcome!!

From My House .. To Your House.. Welcome!!
From My House..To Your House..Welcome!!!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Something grandma made:)

I shared last week about the garden angel that my husbands grandmother made me, well she is 80 years old, and amazes me at the things she makes. I wanted to share with you the seat cushions she made for me, all hand crochet, and she is still a making even at her age. No offence grandma Marion:) The cushions are reversable, and twon different colors, they are a lil small for my chairs but I LOVE them, and there wasn't NO WAY I was gonna say they were to small. They fit almost to the size. Her hands do bother her so she doesn't do as much as she use too:( I just wanted to share the seat cushions with you. I have some bears she made from my husbands army uniforn, and the underpart of my wedding dress(so it didn't ruin my wedding dress) She made from the uniform he wore on our wedding day and the under silk of my wedding dress, they are the cutest bears:)all made from our wedding day attire. We have been married 17 years next week June 11th. She has also made a large raggedy ann doll, several other items, I would like to do post on all the items she has made through the weeks here on my blog. I know you will love seeing them:)As always thanks for stopping by and be sure to send a friend:)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute Michelle. My parents just got back from CA with my Grandma's things. She was an excellent painter and we all got to choose our treasures from her collection. She never sold what she made. I may put up pictures on my blog.

    And happy upcoming anniversary. Ours is the 18th, 17 years (knowing each other 26).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! Thanks for visiting Ani'sfavoritethings. I am glad my cookies are inspiring. Your comment was very encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete